Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Juggling

 
Thought I would try out my new computer. Yes, mine was 6 years old and on its last leg. I had it repaired several times in hopes to keep it alive a bit longer. It was like an old shoe, comfortable....alas, the rescue dogs and my own Baldwin had taken care of the key board in short order. In other words, they had knocked off the keys on the keyboard, making typing a bit hard.
 
 
I realized after my last blog how grateful I should be. I have everything I need, want and desire. I am better off than most, and aside from my obsession with shopping, I really don't need anything. I have my home, wonderful friends, family and co-workers. I love my life, and there is no shame in slowing down to be productive. School is a bit of a challenge at my age, and there have been some hiccups along the way, but tonight they don't seem as important.
 
Oh, the subject line is juggling....well, it could mean many things. Juggling life into my schedule, and juggling the opposite sex. Funny, as early on in this endeavor I was doing just that....juggling. When middle aged women get back into the dating scene, eyes are opened. As for every 50 inquiries, maybe two were decent enough to meet. Which again, I stress to save your money on dating sites. I happened to meet three very nice men, one adorable....one very serious....and one downright funny. The juggling came when all three wanted to see me on the same day. Blocking time and making sure they didn't cross paths was pretty funny when I look back on it. One coming in for breakfast....gone by noon and one there at lunchtime. And there was dinner....LOL. Boy repeating those times was stressful. The serious gentleman basically disappeared, until today when I got a text he was traveling the world. Being a doctor has its advantages.....What we all wouldn't give to be able to pick up and just travel the world. If it were possible I sure would.
 
 
So, for the time being I have cancelled all subscriptions to any of the dating sites. Too many inquiries, too many lonely people, just too much for me to handle. And I am in a relationship....
The kids adore him, and as time goes on I adore him too. These things are not carved in stone however. I know this...but having fun all the same, and enjoying his company to the point of not really wanting to see anyone else at this time.
 
I missed out on the dating scene when marrying my high school sweetie. Although we were young we managed, and had a tremendous friendship. I think he would agree with my choices, I believe I have made good ones. Learning how to manage the house without him has been a bit of a challenge, but am doing fine. My job is not exactly what I want, but as long as I can hang in for another year, I get a decent retirement and I am back in school to change careers. I am young enough to enjoy what time is left, and a generous employment would be the icing on the cake. I want double chocolate with chocolate frosting BTW.
 
My dogs have been such a source of joy. They all have their different personalities, Emma...aka officially Issabel Vom Himmelbogen is a trip. The performance bred drahthaar from Germany has proven to be one of the most cuddly. Balders aka Baldwin needs to be back in agility. He loved going to class and we do plan on it this winter. Gretchen, my love button sleeps with me at night and is the Grand dam at the house. Diva is her nickname for good reason. And old Holly, well she is still kickin at 13.5 years. What I have come to realize between all of my whining, is just this.
I have the best of the best, the whole ball of wax. All I need in the world is here in my own back yard. We take so much for granted, at least I did until this week. When I came to the realization I had it all, and absolutely nothing to complain about. I have met some incredibly interesting people along the way, the journey hasn't been easy....but life doesn't stop for those dull days of self pity. It's time....time to wake up and smell the roses, coffee in the morning....among other things. A nice glass of wine in the evening in the quiet, a good book, and doing a bit of study time is a luxury.
 
On the relationship....it's grand. He is a wonderful, thoughtful person. I enjoy his company and even if it is staying in for the evening a couple times per week, or going shopping....he makes me laugh, and that's all that counts. Pure joy is hard to come by these days, and I intend to not take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment